05 April 2011

Top Ten Tuesday: Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme which entails making lists. Yes, I am in my element here. TTT is hosted over at The Broke and the Bookish.

This week’s theme is the one that I have been waiting for FOREVER: Book Covers I Wish I Could Redesign

I’m so unbelieveably happy about this list. As a cover whore, I know that there are many, many book covers out there that I wish I could redesign. I actually had a hard time picking just ten, so I may do a monthly or bi-monthly post to share with you guys. I’m a horrible person, I know. There’s no need to tell me.

1. Perfect Chemistry by Simone Elkeles. Love the book, despise the cheap and cheesy cover.












2. Vampire Academy by Richelle Mead. The US covers put so many people off this series. Many people I've suggested the book have have said that they hate the covers, so they're a bit hesitant. (The red UK covers are pretty, though!)












3. My Soul to Take by Rachel Vincent. Okay, I don't hate these covers. But after seeing the stunning UK covers, it's hard not to wish that the US ones were the same.












4. Maximum Ride by James Patterson. It's just... boring. I'd prefer to see a cover with wings. And prettiness. 












5. The Replacement by Brenna Yovanov. The US cover for this is beautiful and eerie, and the UK designers tried to go for the same effect. Instead, we got this:












6. As You Wish by Jackson Pearce. I generally tend to hate covers that show people's faces, but this one just takes the cake. It looks very cheap, imo.












7. Wings by Aprilynne Pike. I love the US covers, the the UK covers just look childish. I know lots of people do find them pretty, though.












8. Evermore by Alyson Noel. I don't even know why. I just don't like it. It's too dark, I think, and I don't like the model.












9. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher. Grey, and dull. And again with the faces!












10. Slice of Cherry by Dia Reeves. Now, don't get me wrong, I love the cover. But to go with the awesome deep shade of purple cover for Bleeding Violet? I don't think it fits, sadly.












So, that was my list! I hope you enjoyed it, and I do hope that none of you took it to heart. This is just for fun, after all! Feel free to link your lists below, I'd love to see them.

9 comments:

  1. Oh l never take part in this meme but l do like looking at everyone's. this is my favourite one so far!

    Wish is a terrible cover, l agree that it makes it look so cheap.
    I personally love the wings cover but can see what you mean. Also The Replacement cover, so unsure :/
    I like Evermore cover and how they fit together and also My Soul To Take.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Vampire Academy... no kidding, eh? I basically JUST read these books a couple months ago, because people were going on about how good they were at the beginning of the year, with Last Sacrifice having just come out in December. I SO wish I had picked them up years ago, but between the fact that I don't generally like vampire stories AND those covers? ... yah, I've just been making fun of the covers for years, not realizing how awesome the books actually are. I'm actually not a fan of the UK red ones, either, but they are definitely better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with you on most of these covers, but actually do like WINGS and THIRTEEN REASONS WHY. Especially the latter. But then, I think I like lighter-colored covers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I definitely agree with the Vampire Academy covers, as they put me off the series for quite a while!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! This is a brilliant list, I agree with pretty much all of it. I absolutely hate having covers with models and faces on (I moaned about that quite a bit in my list) and I also choose The Replacement.

    Here's mine if you're interested:
    http://ramblingsofoneinsixbillion.blogspot.com/2011/04/top-ten-tuesday-3.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great list! I have the US cover for The Replacement and love it!

    http://frosybookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/04/to-ten-tuesday-5-books-covers-i-wish-i.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with most of your choices. The only thing I really disagree with is Evermore. I like the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the cover for The Replacement is quite hot, maybe that is cause I have a soft spot for the guy on the cover. :D

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nice choices. Some of those are pretty cringe-worthy. :) If I had to pick one I'd go with the cover of City of Bones. It was embarrassing to check that one out of the library. When my husband saw it he was like "what are you reading?"
    I'm happy I found your blog from book blogs. Following you now. :)
    -kathy
    www.readthisinstead.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for commenting!